Made Smarter Adoption North East
Made Smarter Adoption North East helps manufacturers in the region increase profits, improve efficiency and grow by investing in smart technology.
Backed by world-renowned businesses and UK government, Made Smarter aims to drive growth in UK manufacturing by improving the development and adoption of emerging technologies across the sector.
Research by The Office for National Statistics found businesses that use digital technologies effectively can improve productivity levels by 25%.
North East businesses that take part in the programme benefit from:
- Training to understand what technology is available, and how and where it can be implemented
- Support to develop a bespoke digital roadmap
- Workshops on digital transformation, road mapping, process mapping, leadership development and industrial cyber security
- Networking opportunities with other manufacturers
- Grants of up to £3.5k for consultancy projects to access expert technical advice to support digital roadmap development (100% funding)
- Grants of up to £20k to support the journey to become a smart factory (up to 50% of the overall cost).
Made Smarter Adoption North East is open to SMEs (under 250 employees) working in the manufacturing and advanced manufacturing sectors in the North East region (North East LEP and Tees Valley Combined Authority areas).
“The impact of Made Smarter Adoption North East is not just the output of the business, but the strategy and the direction behind it.”
heliguy, North Tyneside.
For more information about the programme and to sign up, visit the North East Growth Hub – northeastgrowthhub.co.uk.